XBL Gamer Tags

4 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:39 AM

Okay, the previous implementation of XBox Live Gamer Tags was a bit shoddy where people who were using it were having wider-sized columns then those who didn't. ;)

So I fixed that, and now I've also stuck it into its own table cell (I'll fix the BG graphic up later) and made the cell line up with the bottom of the column (to prevent crowding). :P

This has got me thinking now though.... not that I want to start crowding up the user column in posts, but does anyone else know of anything that might be useful to put in there?

-TiM

#2 Dom

Dom

I touch everything

• UberGames Admin
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

GoogleTalk information. It's the one instant messaging which isn't included with vBulletin and the one I use the most.

#3 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

Exxcellent.

I got one up on that. :P

I found a cool plug-in on vBulletin.org and I spent most of tonight bashing it in DreamWeaver so it works a little nicer. B)

So, it gave us 2 things:
1) It gives us support for Google Talk, which hopefully works exactly like the other IM options.

2) It integrates all 3 console game services (Wii Friends, XBL, PSN etc) in a much more elegant solution than before.
When you put your gamertag info in now, it will display icons in your postbit, just as if they were IM icons. :P

The main hack I was working on was so that the XBox Live graphic still displays in your postbit, only now you have the choice of disabling that if you so choose.

I dunno if Wii Friends or PSN have cool gamertag pics like that. If they do, maybe I'll try and add support for that too.

In the meantime, there's still some graphical stuff to clean up... the BG graphic is tiling, and those games icons were designed for a white BG, so they're kinda blocky. ;)

I'll get onto that when I can... :P

-TiM

#4 William

William

Lead Level Developer - RPG-X

• UberGames Developer
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

That is Awesome, I'd usually have to stick a signature strip in my signature

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:28 AM

Hehe yeah, I think a few people were doing that on the RPG-X board too.

But it definitely feels cooler if it's actually an integrated feature though I think. :)

Kinda makes me want to get an Xbox now. :(

Okay... I went through and re-made the icons for Google Talk, Wii, XBL and PSN, so hopefully they should look a little smoother now. :)

I also extended the checkered background graphic by 20 pixels so it fits better behind the XBox icon now...
I kinda miffed up the brightness settings before... so I hope I managed to fix it properly too... :P

-TiM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users