ST-O-RP (Updated)

• You cannot reply to this topic

56 replies to this topic

#1 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Hello all! I had to do this one because the old one was getting pretty crowded and I didn't make the first post so I couldn't delete it.

History
Star Trek - Online Roleplay (We actualy started out while the game was 'canceled'... the second time) started out just as a group of friends from across the whole community and from various groups that wanted a new Serial Role Play. Since then ST-O-RP has expanded and now has just under 50 members and 2 active SRPs and 3 more being planned for when the current ones finish

What do we have to Offer?
Currently we are running 2 SRPs... The first is the home SRP of ST-O-RP, Star Trek: Banting that is set on the ship USS Banting, more information may be found here:
Star Trek - Online Roleplay SRP Directory
We also have a SRP by Jana Portmoor called Star Trek: The other side. The information for that can also be found at the above link. (You may need to register an acount to view this page... if you do send a e-mail to brex-STRP@hotmail.com and I will try and fix it)

Star Trek: Excelsior

Following the footsteps of the original Excelsior, the Excelsior F begins their Transwarp tests, but with disastrous consequences, leaving the crew stranded 30 years from DS9 (Bajoran Wormhole) in the Gamma Quadrant!

Will you help the crew get home?

http://stonlinerp.fo....excelsior-f45/

We also are running a council where you will get to have your say in the running of ST-O-RP, however you will have to apply for a position on the council.

We also have a small team of technical suport staff and limited knowledge base, the more questions we get, the bigger the knowledge base will be!

Current Admins
Kaialin - kaiertsaaskicksbutt@msn.com and kaialin_storp@hotmail.co.uk
Brex - brex-STRP@hotmail.com
Wade - intercepter1@hotmail.co.uk
Jana Portmoor - janaportmoor@live.de and jana-with-laptop@live.de

Current Moderators
The Tenth Doctor - cdrlukesutton@hotmail.com

If you are interested in becoming a council member please send a e-mail to st-o-rp@www.com with a application, make sure the subject line reads 'ST-O-RP Council Request'

(Please don't spam us with a flury of requests, post them on the forums)

And now for the link
http://stonlinerp.forum-motion.com/

We hope that if you do join us... you will have fun and as ever, Live long and Prosper!

#2 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

Good group, this. Our SRP is great fun, if a bit wacky! Well worth checking out, especially if you are new. :)

#3 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

Star Trek: First Steps

An ST-O-RP production.

SRP at 1700 GMT Sundays/

Season 2 Promo:

#4 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

Star Trek: Revenge

An ST-O-RP off branch
Text RP, whenever

Begins officialy 01/10/08
http://startrekrevenge.x10hosting.com/

Please note some positions are reserved, though if they are not claimed by 01/10/08 they will be open and the people from below will be promoted to them.

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#5 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:18 PM

Star Trek Banting, Series 3 will be starting tonight at 20:00 PM, this will be open to all to join, hope you have fun :)

Brex.png

#6 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

Sorry but due to unforeseeable events and other little things, series 3 will be starting on the 10th of October 20:00 GMT, it will still be open to all and will actualy be a mystery story line, hope you can come and will have fun!

Brex.png

#7 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

I'll be there Brexy boy!

I think I'm even CO now :D

This SRP is actually really good, all you guys come along! =]

#8 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

I try Tenth, but usually I got stuff to do.

#9 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:37 AM

'Star Trek: Banting, Season 3, Episode 3 - To Boldly Go' Is on tonight!
This was the long awaited feature length film that ST-O-RP was making but was unfortunatly canceled due to loads of things, however we are going to make it into a Banting episode and all are invited (as long as you can fit in on our 64 place server).
This episode will take place for two hours, starting at either 19:00 GMT until 21:00 GMT or it will start at the usual time of 20:00 GMT and end at 22:00 GMT on Friday the 14th of November. Due to time zone conditions this time may be able to change, please connect yourself to our Banting forum section at: http://stonlinerp.fo...ek-banting-f18/
I hope you can all make it!

Brex.png

#10 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

I'LL BE THERE!!!

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#11 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

We are now proud to say that we have a new member to the admin team!
Everyone give it up for Solomon Racer!

Brex.png

#12 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

We are now going to be starting a few new SRP's for next year that have been in planning now for about 3 months, but here is the first;

Star Trek: Revenge
This RP is the same as the text RP, USS Ariana: NCC 85629, but now it has a new name and has been brought into the 3D RP World!!!
The link to the area is here: http://stonlinerp.fo...ek-revenge-f53/
And some background information:
An ancient feud between a Andorian faction and a group of Klingon rebels is brewing on the border. All that stands in their way is one of the newest starbases, Unity 2 and the USS Ariana.

Hope this interests you!

Also Jana Portmoor is making her own SRP entitled 'The Other Side' and is located at
http://stonlinerp.fo...other-side-f46/
Most of the information noted here is out of date, and as such is being deleted and replaced, Jana will explain more, Jana?

Brex.png

#13 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Red Alert!

I have reccently recieved a virus on my computer from a 3rd party download. It was a regenerative virus and I have had to reset my computer to factory defaults and format it to get rid of it!

Please be aware that one of the files in my RPG-X2 directory on the server folder was infected. That file was pak5.pk3. If you have downloaded this file from any of the servers run by ST-O-RP (whether it be the vEF server, ioEF server or ioCow server(Kai's "24/7" server may also be infected when I e-mailed a file to him containing my RPG-X2 folder) it should only be a virus. NOT the regenerative program that is run at startup. Therefore you should only need to run a virus scan and delete the virus, maybe redownload pak5.pk3 from the RPG-X site.

ST-O-RP holds no responsability for a virus being transfered to your computer. It is up to you to run regular virus scans and immediatly check all downloaded files. If you have the virus (a suspected trojan) update your databases and clear the file. We are deeply sorry for this, however as stated before, it is up to you to check all downloaded files for viri.

Brex.png

#14 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

ST-O-RP holds no responsability for a virus being transfered to your computer.

You actually cannot use that as a legal disclaimer in this case. As you stated, you are responsible for the distribution of this virus via server to client download in addition to e-mail.

In running a server, it is your responsibility to maintain a safe server/client relationship because you are directly responsible for the files on said server.

#15 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

Meh... we do say not to download stuff from our server once you have the rankset, although I can see where that is a problem... and as for the e-mail part that was only a possibility because I am not sure when exactly I got the virus... it was within a few hours of that during a virus scan though... so its only a possibility, also the virus isn't a damaging one acording to viruslist.com

Brex.png

#16 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

ST-O-RP holds no responsability for a virus being transfered to your computer. It is up to you to run regular virus scans and immediatly check all downloaded files. If you have the virus (a suspected trojan) update your databases and clear the file. We are deeply sorry for this, however as stated before, it is up to you to check all downloaded files for viri.

I have reread this and now release what it seems I mean...

What I actualy mean is that it is not the groups fault... and I accept full responcibility for this, however I had no idea this virus was on my computer at the time, nor did I realize that it was a regenerative one. However the trojan that was infecting the file is a 'silent' one in that it requires the rootkit that came with the virus to actually affect anyone. That rootkit was embedded in some far under Windows file that will not have been downloaded under any circumstance.

Brex.png

#17 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

Bad news everybody, apparently our server has been cloned by Acer, after Kaialin told him the adminpass...

Because of this ALL admin activity has to be stopped pending a full review

Brex.png

#18 JDavid

JDavid

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

This is why he should be banned.

#19 Kai

Kai

im a pee-cee

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

FFS brex. Acer uses so many names, its stupid, st-o-rps adminpass has changed and the group is back
SOMEBODY put in a perma ban into the trpg-x code lol

rpg-x2/acer

#20 Leila1

Leila1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

When you want to give someone of you're members a new admin pass on the server, ask them for some old ones first. It will help reveal if it's acer or not.

Or better yet only provide them over E-Mail... giving them in game is risky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users