68 replies to this topic

#1 {UFP}Hathaway

{UFP}Hathaway

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image
Greetings from the United Federation of Planets

The {UFP} has a long history with RPG-X and has a dedicated team of RPG-X players as well as talented mappers.

Posted Image

Starfleet Harriers is one of our foremost Star Trek gaming divisions involved purely in RPG-X and has enjoyed over 2 years of actively supporting the best RP experience in the Trek universe - while the {UFP} has been supporting PC Trek gaming in general
for over 8 years.

So if you're looking for a veteran gaming group supporting RPG-X as well as some other great Star Trek titles, head over to
http://join.ufplanets.com.
Please be aware of our joining policies before signing up.

Any questions or comments, I'll be happy to field them.

Happy RPing!

#2 sharpkiller

sharpkiller

Queen Fanatic

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

Come join the {UFP} on Sunday, August 10, 2008 @ 1:30pm PDT/9:30pm BST (British Summer Time - Daylight Savings of GMT) as we gather the Star Trek community to watch & discuss the live feed from the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention. Live gameplay footage of the highly anticipated Star Trek: Online is set to be shown. We will be discussing the live feed as it streams on our new flash chat feature.

Posted Image
{UFP}The United Federation of Planets
We hope to see you there.
Join the chat @ http://ufplanets.com/chat/

Sharpkiller.png

#3 James009

James009

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

As far as I'm concerned {UFP} is the best server! But, unfortunately, I'll be out of town on Sunday so I can't join you all.

Best of luck!

"EF1 + RPG-X 2.2 End Version = EF3. Nuff said."

#4 sharpkiller

sharpkiller

Queen Fanatic

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

The introduction to our new SRP:
http://ca.youtube.co...h?v=IAEor6_j3KA

Sharpkiller.png

#5 khamseen

khamseen

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:06 AM

9:30pm BST (British Summer Time - Daylight Savings of GMT)

Just thought you may like to know for future reference that the footage was actually released at 9:30 GMT, 9:30 BST would have been 8:30 GMT. Hence the reason BST should be renamed to Bull **** time as no one knows how to use it and it serves no purpose as most of the world change their clocks now and yet they still remain GMT +/- whatever they were all year round.

Just thought that might come in handy for future reference :P

Posted Image

#6 Trekie80

Trekie80

Call me Callum =]

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:17 AM

Ahem, I know how to use BST perfectly well thank you (does it help that I'm English? XD)

#7 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

Just thought you may like to know for future reference that the footage was actually released at 9:30 GMT, 9:30 BST would have been 8:30 GMT. Hence the reason BST should be renamed to Bull **** time as no one knows how to use it and it serves no purpose as most of the world change their clocks now and yet they still remain GMT +/- whatever they were all year round.

Either way, he made it perfectly clear that it was Daylight saving of GMT.

Posted Image

#8 khamseen

khamseen

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

Ahem, I know how to use BST perfectly well thank you (does it help that I'm English? XD)

I didn't quote you... Also, I'm Scottish.

Either way, he made it perfectly clear that it was Daylight saving of GMT.

Yeah, but the time being wrong still. I could say to you 5PM EST which is very clearly EST but if I actually mean 4PM, it's still wrong...

Posted Image

#9 {UFP}Hathaway

{UFP}Hathaway

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

The event was held at 9:30 BST, that wasn't incorrect. Not really sure what the issue is here, no one had any problems discerning the time, and extra note was made for anyone not able to determine what BST is... on top of the fact PDT was listed for comparison.

#10 khamseen

khamseen

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:16 AM

I do apologise, I was under the impression it was released at 9:30 GMT, for that I am sorry. (See can apologise when I'm wrong.)

However, I would like to take the time to point out that zones such as EST are classed as GMT -5 all year round... so if GMT doesn't change, how the hell can that be right? BST was used primarily because Britain used to be one of the very few first countries to switch clocks, so BST was used to stop the rest of the world having to alter their +/- GMT zones. Since they all do now, and GMT is measured from Greenwhich (In Britain), it doesn't actually make sense to have a BST zone any more, which is why businesses don't use it anymore, they simply state it as (what you have done after that) GMT with daylight saving. Just thought I'd take the time to moan about the archaic zone that I despise. :P

Posted Image

#11 {UFP}Hathaway

{UFP}Hathaway

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

Quick update. I've edited the first post, but if anyone uses the {UFP} server on a regular or semi-regular basis feel free to add me on MSN: hathaway@ufplanets.com and I'll gladly come on the server to sort out any noobs, when called upon.

#12 Alex L.

Alex L.

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

I endorse this server and fleet.

#13 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

That's Nice.

Posted Image

#14 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, but the time being wrong still. I could say to you 5PM EST which is very clearly EST but if I actually mean 4PM, it's still wrong...

I use GMT. :lol:

#15 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

This week I learnt that people can not tell the time I said 7pm GMT and the UK people think that gmt is always uk summer or not when in fact in summer the uk is NOT GMT I wish that people checked their timezones

#16 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

This week I learnt that people can not tell the time I said 7pm GMT and the UK people think that gmt is always uk summer or not when in fact in summer the uk is NOT GMT I wish that people checked their timezones

Shuddup! :P I was tired and missed that SRP anyway.

#17 {UFP}Hathaway

{UFP}Hathaway

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:30 AM

lol. Hey Alex, your endorsement is appreciated, and not at all bias:p

#18 {UFP}Hathaway

{UFP}Hathaway

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

Please note this important message as it may effect you (registration not required to view):
http://forum.ufplane....php?f=9&t=4665

If anyone wishes to respond, I'd ask that you do it on our forum, however if for whatever reason you'd rather post here, I will try and check back often and respond.

#19 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum.

#20 {UFP}Hathaway

{UFP}Hathaway

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

Curious, I shall look into it, thanks for letting me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users