2 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

Welcome to the Level Design Forum!

When it comes to games, levels are in all likelihood the meat that can make or break a game. If the levels aren't interesting or challenging, then the game inherently becomes boring. Conversely, if the visual quality of the map isn't very good, most people won't take interest in it either.

A long time ago, it was established that if users could create their own maps, then the longevity of the game itself will increase quite considerably. Because of this, most mainstream AAA games come with a full set of modability that allows users to create their own levels entirely from scratch, with the potential to exceed the quality set even by the original game.

This forum is dedicated to the discussions of levels in games design and all of its disciplines including conceptualization, construction, interactivity and optimization methods.
Also, if you have a level you are working on, or have already finished and am very proud of, feel free to pimp them off here as well as ask for critique.

As always, the standard UberGames Posting Rules apply.

Have fun mapping!

-TiM

#2 Lee

Lee

Safety not guaranteed.

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

psst

Do we post mapping projects here or just talk about types of level design?

#3 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Welcome. :(

Um, I guess... haha I guess either the Active Projects forum or here is good.

I would say, if you want people to nitpick your map, giving constructive tips on improving it and the likes, post it here.

Otherwise, if you just want to show it off, put it in the Active Projects forum.

We're probably going to have to work out a better system here....

-TiM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users