A Community Game

15 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

I was not sure where to post this, this looked like the most appropriate area. I have an idea for game that would be fun if as many groups from around the community played.

The idea is, as many groups as possible start with the same RP premise and starting point. But then each group goes and roleplays it, and makes it their own. They would then post a summary of their RP. The point is to see how each group puts their own creative spin on it, and how each RP is different (or similar) even though they started with the same starting point.

Anyway I wanted to see if anyone was interested in doing it. If so we can start coming up with a premise/starting point in this thread.
Posted Image

#2 sharpkiller

sharpkiller

Queen Fanatic

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

Interesting prospect.. i'd be neat to see the different RPing styles of each group...

Sharpkiller.png

#3 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:57 PM

I think this is a great idea.

#4 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

Federation RolePlay will take part lol.

Nice Idea :D

Posted Image

#5 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Any ideas for a starting premise?

Wait, I have one. We start off researching a nebula, when all of a sudden we are attacked by the Romulans, wait better yet, the Borg. Then everyone goes and RPs that and posts the results here.

Alright, I don't want anyone to think I was serious there. So anyway, we need a starting point. Also should everyone start on the same map, or should everyone be free to use a map of their choosing?
Posted Image

#6 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

A nice starting point i think would be: Your ship is running routine operations when you receive a distress call from a nearby planet, a biogenic toxin has been released in their atmosphere and they are requesting immediate evacuation, The distress call does not give any detail about how the biogenic toxin came to be in the atmosphere.
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#7 sharpkiller

sharpkiller

Queen Fanatic

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

A nice starting point i think would be: Your ship is running routine operations when you receive a distress call from a nearby planet, a biogenic toxin has been released in their atmosphere and they are requesting immediate evacuation, The distress call does not give any detail about how the biogenic toxin came to be in the atmosphere.

I like that one :D

Sharpkiller.png

#8 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

Biogenic eh..? hmmm

#9 sharpkiller

sharpkiller

Queen Fanatic

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

Biogenic eh..? hmmm

lol.. is a bit reminicant of AB :o but still ;)

Sharpkiller.png

#10 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

I think it sounds fine. Very standard RP stuff, but I think thats good for our first attempt. Unless anyone has other ideas, anyone who wants to can start RPing using this starting point, and doing there own thing. When they are done post it here, and we can start comparing.
Posted Image

#11 JDavid

JDavid

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

I have one (with the help of the people who rped with us):

I tried it once and it turned out quite well...although too many plots got twisted into it ,somehow the borg got involved 0_o lol

We were on a routine patrol of the klingon/romulan borders as a routine maneuver and we get reports a cardassian/dominion fleet is amassing near the klingon border(s) and the klingons are calling for immediate help from the federation and any nearby ships as the cardassian and dominion fleets easily amass the klingon entire fleet and part of the federation. So its a really bad situation for the fleets and before they attack the cardassians request an ambassador from each species to allow this attack on the klingons, so the CO/admiral has to decide whether he will go to the cardassians or order the whole fleet to stop the cardassian/dominion fleet from genocide.

(our trade stations along the cardassian border have been destroyed and sensor posts to stop any early warning signs of the cardassian/dominion fleets building up)

This is something i enjoyed ...

#12 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:33 AM

I would like to bring this idea back. If anyone is interested, here is a premise.

Star Trek is uses variations of the Frankenstein story all the time. http://www.startrek....ticle/3288.html this article outlines a few examples of episodes featuring the Frankenstein story. So for your RP, create a Frankenstein story. It should contain a mad scientist like character, and a monster character and should try to bring up issues related to mans relation with technology. Beyond that feel free to be as creative as you like, and please post a summary of your RP in here.
Posted Image

#13 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Running out of time!

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

This is like a quality contest between all the groups. I wonder how this turns out when some groups have finished the plot. :)

#14 Webb

Webb

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

L-RP and ST-RP (i think!) are planing to have a group RP.
Posted Image

#15 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

" 17-11-2008, 11:08 AM"

Was the last post.

*Points to the new topic button*

And, i also think you will find... Most rp's are group rp's, unless your on your own rping =/
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#16 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:04 AM

We actually did try a Frankenstein RP of sorts on Holofed. It was a while back. The people I remember being there for sure were Victor Ludwig, Jerry Hummel, Admiral Hocking and myself. If I missed someone I apologizes. Also this recap is written as best as I can remember the RP, if anything is wrong, I apologize for that too.

Victor was the CSO, and I was the CMO. I do not remember what positions the other people played, though I think someone was my assistant, and someone else was the CoS perhaps?

Anyways. Our ship had discovered a new compound. We were experimenting with it because we thought it would give the power to regenerate tissue at a rate previously unheard of, and even possibly bring back a person far longer after death than was possible before. My character was on the verge of a breakthrough when he mysteriously died. His research had been deleted.

Victor and co. managed to miraciously recover the data, and continued my research. He made a startling discovery, the new compound had the ability to reanimate living tissue after death, but there was no limit on the time period of death, as long as the body was decently preserved.

Meanwhile the CoS had been investigating the case, and had discovered that my character had committed suicide, and deleted his own data.

Victor meanwhile used what he discovered in an attempt to bring my character back from the dead. He succeeded in his attempt, only to discover something horifying. He had brought me back to life, but he could not bring back my soul. He had created a monster.

Sadly we had to cut it short around then, because people had to go. It was an interesting RP, and it had the potential to continue to be interesting.

Even though its been a really long time since the initial post, and such, I would still love to see someone else try their hand at a Frankenstein story. I want to see what they can come up with.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users