Food for thought

47 replies to this topic

#41 Merrick

Merrick

Merciless Map Criticism ltd

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Another nice idea would have a persistant crew but not a persistant storyline, so you get the same characters, but every rp is like a 'new episode' as it were. Just like TNG.
Posted Image

#42 Jake

Jake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:23 AM

I'd go with that if I knew I'd always get the same players turning up

#43 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

One idea for this is that I heard, a few years ago, ST-RP was at least going to have a plot generator if someone was stuck with ideas, that kind of thing would be useful even now.

So then, someone could use the generator and come up with a standard or good rp plot with little hassle.

Posted Image

#44 Merrick

Merrick

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

I think its much more creative if the plot develops as the rp progresses, I think what would be better than a plot generator, is a 'starting point generator'.

ie, 'You are on a mission to the Caldare system to deliver medical supplies to a federation colony...start'

and you take it from there, anything more detailed and the rp becomes almost scripted, and you know whats going to happen next, which is rather boring.
Posted Image

#45 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

People need inspiration for coming up with sidetrack plots as well as the starting plot.

Starting plot:
"You are on a mission to the Caldare system to deliver medical supplies to a Federation colony."

Sidetrack plot:
"You receive a distress call from the science vessel USS Ares. There are no other ships nearby."

The cause of the distress, and resolution, would be left up to the players.

#46 Merrick

Merrick

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

bleh, as the person usually in control of the sensors I tend to throw stuff like that in as its needed, even that seems almost too much to me.
Posted Image

#47 Alex L.

Alex L.

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Good players will always find a way. Others will just wait around until the captain orders them to engineering to bring a PADD.

#48 Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Note, that this is my opinion:

I lost faith in having a good rp plot(in EF), that is partly why I haven't done anything with EF, including mapping, for awhile. I don't feel like that some of the people deserve new material if quality controls doesn't happen.

Part of this quality control is the lack of creativity. In the past, some of the problem is not allowing freelancers to come into a server and have their own plot. Also, I believe it is a admin issue. Many people want admin, atleast due to past experiences in the newer servers when the big groups started to branch out.

Many have tried to get me into a plot, but then it is a plot where there is an enemy and the other members of the crew start to fire at you and cause mayhem. Therefore, I have only rped with those I know are quality rpers, which hasn't happened in forever.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users