Commissioned 2542, 26th Century

Measurements
length: 765 m
beam: 369.96 m
height: 97.20 m
decks: 38
mass: 3,995,000 metric tons

Capacity
250 officers and 2,500 crew for a total of 2,850 crew members on board; 2,000 evacuation limit
Max capacity 6,200

Armament
12 x type-XII1 phaser arrays, total output 150,000 Terawatts
6 x class-IV rapid fire phaser pulse canons
6 x rapid fire quantum torpedo tubes forward / 4 x quantum torpedo tubes rear
2,800 quantum torpedoes
1,200 transphasic torpedoes
4 anti-matter mine deployers

Defense
Regenerative metaphasic shield system. 5,400,500 TerraJoules. Secondary high capacity shields. Total capacity 2,504,000 TerraJoules.
Heavy Duranium/Tritanium double hull +12 cm density ablative armor
Deployable armor

Propulsion
Normal Cruise: Warp 8
Maximum Cruise: Warp 9.8
Emergency Speed: Warp 9.9995 for 20 hours
Slipstream capable for 15 minutes.

Notes
Contains worker bees and a ship capable of constructing a make shift dry dock when the ship is in need of desperate repairs when out in deep space. It is also capable of saucer separation. There is also a new warp core design that allows it to regulate more power for ship's systems since there is a large supply for power on board this massive ship.

The Borg without detection by any of the Alpha or Beta Quadrant races, managed to create a Nexus somewhere in the Alpha Quadrant and a transwarp hub. They had been moving in ships since approximately 2525, according to the calculations of Starfleet Intelligence. The Borg War began in the year 2530 when they began assimilating and destoying planets and ships at will. A resistance of the Federation and Klingon combinef forces slowed their assault, but by the end of the year 2530 one fifth of the Federation/Klingon fleet was destroyed or assimilated. Starfleet requested the add of the Romulans, which of course the Romulans denied. Shortly after Starfleet began research of a new vessel that could sustain a heavy beating by a Borg cube and possibly even support vessels. It also needed to house a new amount of armament ever seen on a starship. It was to be the most highly advanced dreadnought to ever be developed. By the year 2531 the research of the Liberty class was well underway and the results were turning out magnificently. Also to the Federation's surprise the Orion Syndicate presented the Federation with a peace treaty, in return the wanted a few well armed ships and protection from the Borg. The treaty was signed nearly as soon as it was proposed.

In the year 2532 construction of the NX-15695 had begun. It was equipped with more weapons than the Sovereign class starship, but it had a problem maintaining power while in active combat. She was launched prematurely in the year 2534 due to incoming Borg vessels. She immediately set a course for to meet up with a large battle fleet. It's power fluxuations caused a severe problem that nearly caused it's destruction at the battle of Vulcan, where a tactical cube along with a regular cube attempted to assimilate Vulcan. A battle cluster of 52 ships of all different species thwarted their attempt to assimilate or destroy Vulcan, but at the cost of 1/3 of the Vulcan population, leaving 1/8th of the planet uninhabitable. The N.X. Liberty too was badly damaged, it was left dead in the water with severe damage. Her EPS conduits were fried, impulse engines overloaded and burned themselves out, and half the phaser arcs overheated and fused, melted the hull plating around them due to an overcharge, thus rendering them useless. Her warp core couldn't sustain the heavy power drain, and when they tried boosting the power past it's limits during the battle, they caused too much stress on the matter/anti-matter containment unit causing it to crack, thus they had to eject the core. Moving from it's blast radius was a hard feat to accomplish, causing a cascade failure of her systems, thus they couldn't move the ship far enough away in time; In turn the shock wave cause enough damaged that it fried the ship's computer core and was hauled back to the shipyards to be refitted. At the end of 2534 they had begun research of a new warp core design that would allow such a massive power drain on the core, while staying within reasonable limits. The Federation also gave the Vulcans some heavily armed ships to protect themselves while they began to construct warships of their own, and refit the ships they already had in service with weapons.

In the early months of the year 2536 they completed research on the new warp core and began to refit the NX Liberty with her new warp core, more advanced engines, and transphasic torpedoes. Later in that year the Tholian Assembly came to the Federation, purposing a peace treaty, in return for their aid in future battles they granted them amnesty for all of their crimes against the Federation. By the end of 2537 her new warp core and engines were completely integrated into the ship's systems. However she needed all new curcuitry and a new computer core to allow for such a raw amount of power to be cyphoned through. Not to mention replace her gel packs and EPS relays all over the ship.

It wasn't until 2538 the Liberty class prototype was redeployed. She fought in 12 different battles against the Borg providing excillent resistance, and intel on the Borg. Not only that but she was able to push them back several light years. Also in the year 2538 The Ferengi had completed in making a new design of ship, it was Battleship capable of taking in lots of loot, 1/3 of the ship was cargo holds to store their spoils in. They had created 2 seperate fleets, one to protect their home world, and the other for their for their assault. They launched an assult on a Borg outpost with there newly designed Ferengi Battlships, in hopes to gain some rather valuable trinkets. During the assault the Borg seemed to be taking a beating until they adapted, the Ferengi not use to battling, much less with the Borg began to retreat, in turn they were decimated. The Ferengi instantly turned to the Federation in hopes of protection, in fear of retaliation. The Federation allowed them to join there already long, and ever growing list of allies.

In 2539 The Cardassian Union, now rebuilt with a new government and an ever growing armada grew tired of endless Borg "raids" as they called them, and decided it best to make allies with the Federation. However sceptical of the Cardassian's moves, after a vote of their allies, the Cardassians were sworn in as allies to the Federation. Doing so nearly caused the Bajorans to leave the Alliance with their now small, but still growing armada. Once the leaders of the Cardassians and the Bajorans met, they came to an agreement, that Bajoran space was off limits to Cardassians. So began the Cardassian/Bajoran Neutral Zone Treaty.

By the year 2540 The United Federation of Planets, Cardassian Union, Klingon Empire, Bajorans, Orion Syndicate, Ferengi Alliance, Tholian Assembly, the Romulan Star Empire, and even the mysterious Breen Confederacy have been known to battle against the Borg. All in a joined effort to thwart their plans and send them back to the Delta Quadrant. Things were looking good for the Federation Alliance, that was until the N.X. Dreadnought was destroyed in 2541 at the battle of Betazed. The fleet managed to drive the Borg back, but at the loss of their flagship. They deemed the dreadnought project fit for immediate production. In Mid 2540 the Earth Station McKinley began production of the U.S.S. Sovereignty, shortly there after the Antares ship yards, Utopia Planitia fleet yards, and the San Fransisco fleet yards all began production of the Liberty class.

In 2542 the U.S.S. Sovereignty was the first of the Liberty class ships off the production line and fit battle ready. She was thrown into service as reports of an impending Borg attack at Alpha Centauri came in. Her shake down cruise was to investigate the disappearance of one of the ships of her newly formed battle group, the U.S.S. Meurcucio-B. It was discovered that the Meurcucio-B was crippled in a nebula in the Oraken system (near the Khitomer system) with only 2 survivors on board, the CE and XO. The survivors were beamed aboard and they set a course out of the nebula, and while leaving the nebula the ship was attacked by an unknown alien vessel that appeared to have a component similar to that of the Reman cloak or to quote Mr. La Forge "the perfect cloak", which allowed her to fire or goto warp while cloaked. Her shields however were of extreme interest. Her primary shielding had a ripple effect to it, during a torpedo impact it would cause the shields to ripple, and in turn it acted as a liquid and filled in the impact point. Thus the shields would have to be completely drained to penetrate them. However a quick thought of the tactical officer caused the shields to be penetrated, 4 Transphasic torpedoes hit in the EXACT same spot one after another along with phasers being fired around the impact area caused the last of the four torpedoes to penetrate the shields, however there was a secondary set of regular shields underneath. It was either that, or the Negh'Var class ship, once a glorious battleship now only a mere destroyer, that dropped out of warp that scarred the alien ship off. The Negh'Var ship helped repair impulse engines after towing them from the nebula. The U.S.S. Sovereignty thanked the Klingon's for their assistance and set a course to rendezvous with the battle fleet in the Alpha Centauri system.

(That is as far as i've gotten so far. Positive criticism is encouraged. Please let me know if anything doesn't make sense, or ships names are already in use, the ship specs aren't right, etc. I'd love to make it as 'realistic' as possible when it comes to the true Star Trek universe. Thanks)
~Alexander Krieg Wendaltz II~

#2 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:11 AM

Well I have a few nits to pick.

-As a combat oriented ship, the Liberty Class would probably have very little in the way of external windows. If any at all. All external ports, such as the impulse drives ,docking ports, torpedo tubes etc. would be partially hidden or armoured.
-20 Phaser arrays is way too much if you intend for them to be used as ship-to-ship artillery. The TNG tech manual establishes that a few large phaser arrays is more powerful than a large amount of small phaser arrays.
-Torpedo tubes don't need to be specially outfitted to fire different types of torpedoes, seeing as they're all the same basic size and shape.
-I would make the drydock a seperate dedicated repair ship to conserve interior space on the Liberty
-The registry number is pretty low for the era. I'd put it at 80701 or 90701
-This is a personal nitpick, but the Mercutio shouldn't have a suffix.
-The Romulans are intensely self protective, but they would immediatly jump in if the Borg began to invade, seeing as some of their outposts were destroyed by them in the 2360s, they know what the Borg are capable of.
-I doubt such a power-hungry ship would have so much speed. Since the ship can barely handle itself with a normal core, it's warp speeds should be a bit less than top par. Example: The Tesla electric sports car may be able to drive it's light body up to 200 mph, but it probably can't propel a Hummer chassis as efficiently.
-The crew count seems to be overkill. 1014 was the crew count on a Galaxy class. Which is an overall larger ship.
Posted Image

#3 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:02 AM

Well I have a few nits to pick.

-As a combat oriented ship, the Liberty Class would probably have very little in the way of external windows. If any at all. All external ports, such as the impulse drives ,docking ports, torpedo tubes etc. would be partially hidden or armoured.
-20 Phaser arrays is way too much if you intend for them to be used as ship-to-ship artillery. The TNG tech manual establishes that a few large phaser arrays is more powerful than a large amount of small phaser arrays.
-Torpedo tubes don't need to be specially outfitted to fire different types of torpedoes, seeing as they're all the same basic size and shape.
-I would make the drydock a seperate dedicated repair ship to conserve interior space on the Liberty
-The registry number is pretty low for the era. I'd put it at 80701 or 90701
-This is a personal nitpick, but the Mercutio shouldn't have a suffix.
-The Romulans are intensely self protective, but they would immediatly jump in if the Borg began to invade, seeing as some of their outposts were destroyed by them in the 2360s, they know what the Borg are capable of.
-I doubt such a power-hungry ship would have so much speed. Since the ship can barely handle itself with a normal core, it's warp speeds should be a bit less than top par. Example: The Tesla electric sports car may be able to drive it's light body up to 200 mph, but it probably can't propel a Hummer chassis as efficiently.
-The crew count seems to be overkill. 1014 was the crew count on a Galaxy class. Which is an overall larger ship.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll get right on it with some of the corrections.

-As for the Meurcucio, why not have a suffix? It's not a Liberty class ship, if that's what your thinking. Perhaps I should specify that it's a Sovereign class.
-The Romulans DO eventually join it, but not right away, nor was it an official treaty. I'd like to quote part of it for you "By the year 2440 The United Federation of Planets, Cardassian Union, Klingon Empire, Bajorans, Orion Syndicate, Ferengi Alliance, Tholian Assembly, the Romulan Star Empire, and even the mysterious Breen Confederacy have been known to battle against the Borg."
-The liberty class required a new design of warp core that boosted power output by 35% of the regular core. It's a much more advanced warp core than other systems
-As for the phaser arrays, I actually lowered them once before, but my computer crashed and I missed some changes I did to my original post, so thanks for catching that for me. Torpedoes makes sense.
-As for the crew count, it IS nearly twice the size of the sovereign class, if my sources were correct. I could lower the crew count by up to 3 hundred, but I won't go much lower then that.

"-As a combat oriented ship, the Liberty Class would probably have very little in the way of external windows. If any at all. All external ports, such as the impulse drives ,docking ports, torpedo tubes etc. would be partially hidden or armoured." I'm not sure what you mean on this part?...where does it mention any windows, and such? not to mention the whole ship IS heavily armored.

I almost forgot the Serial number. most starfleet ships are given 4 digit numbers, this has five, thus it IS a higher number.

I'd just like to add in the fact that it SEEMS like a "god like" ship. But infact it is not, it's the sovereign class of the future basically. The latest and greatest, but it can still be destroyed. You know what I mean?

But yeah, most of it will be fixed within the hour i'm sure.

#4 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:17 AM

As it is, it's an ubership. Plain and simple. Every vehicle whether it be land, sea or space-based has weaknesses. Maybe the impulse drives are sluggish or power consumption is too much for the powerplant or there are weapons arc blind areas and so on. There is no such thing as a perfect design. If there was, nothing would ever need replacement.
I would ask you to check your source. Registries were 4 digits in Kirk's time, but by the time of TNG, everything was 5 digits. Voyager for example, was NCC-74656.
The reason I think the Mercutio shouldn't be B is because I feel suffixes are an honor reserved for the Enterprise. It's more of an opinion than factuality thing.
Posted Image

#5 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:03 AM

As it is, it's an ubership. Plain and simple. Every vehicle whether it be land, sea or space-based has weaknesses. Maybe the impulse drives are sluggish or power consumption is too much for the powerplant or there are weapons arc blind areas and so on. There is no such thing as a perfect design. If there was, nothing would ever need replacement.
I would ask you to check your source. Registries were 4 digits in Kirk's time, but by the time of TNG, everything was 5 digits. Voyager for example, was NCC-74656.
The reason I think the Mercutio shouldn't be B is because I feel suffixes are an honor reserved for the Enterprise. It's more of an opinion than factuality thing.

It's warp is the greatest in starfleet, however the impulse is YES sluggish, it is very poor at maneuverability. It's phaser arcs DO have blind spots. Just because I don't point out weaknesses, doesn't mean they don't exist. So really your doing some DEEP nit picking that isn't necessary really. Your acting like i'm saying Deep space nine can move faster at impulse and is more maneuverable then a runabout. It's an obvious, it's the biggest and most heavily armored as well as armed, THUS it's obvious that it's maneuvering is poor.

Registry number gotcha, changed.

Meurcucio-B - Mercutio two DIFFERENT ships. I made up the Meurcucio, seeing as how this is my time line. I do feel that I have the ability to do that. If you really bothers you that badly I could rename if the U.S.S. Freakin Retardo if that makes you feel better.

#6 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:10 AM

Don't take it personally. You asked for criticism. I put it forth. I didn't attack you nor did I abuse the actual premise. You seem to have the impression that the whole -B thing was major to me, it was simply a minor point.
Posted Image

#7 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:12 AM

I'm not getting offended. Just feel like your nit picking just a wee bit much. I understand most of it and I fixed it all (also moved the dates up as I wanted it in the 26th century not 25th.) But yeah, I wasn't getting upset, or snapping or anything like that, just trying to get some points across.

There is one last thing. It seems cheesy, and beefed up, compared to what? late 24th century ships. Well this takes place late 26th century, so the Borg's armament has increased, has become more deadlier, along with everyone else. So this is no more advanced than the sovereign was in her time. That's how I see it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users