Romulan Encounter

6 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:28 AM

A few days back a group of us had an interesting rp, me being the XO i forget. Anyways It started off with a routine sweep of a nebula, when a shuttle came out of no where. It was a shuttle with the soul survivor of the U.S.S. Dauntless Massacre. In the shuttle was the chief engineer, and after treating his wounds a romulan warbird decloaked and demanded we turned over the chief (of course we refused) so they opened fire (of course) and both ships took heavy damage, both disabled in a nebula with high concentration of Xenon (possibly spelling error) Radiation. We repaired the engines enough to take us out of the nebula before the warbird exploded. We set a course for earth while beginning repairs and searching for answers. Apparently the Dauntless was given emergency clearance into romulan space, however due to a spy in Starfleet HQ the romulans were told that SF no longer need the clearance and thus they Dauntless was attacked prior to entering Romulan space. On the way back we discovered two intruders, after placing one in the brig and questioning them for several hours the the XO (me) being placed in the brig for being thought the other intruder using a holo-emitter, well it turns out the CoS was the other romulan using a holo-emitter, he freed the Romulan captive and they both took over the bridge. Using our fine federation tactics and combined skills, we cut power to the bridge and rerouted life support from the bridge, thus forcing them to leave their safe haven, and we captured them both. We placed them in the brig and resumed a course for Earth, when we went to question them, they had used micro-implants to transport from out ship to somewhere. We eventually discovered we were being trailed by a Talon class, further scans and a sensor ping or two later, two Raptor class ships were found in pursuit as well. A cleaver suggestion of a bigger attack group in Federation space, due to the gutsy Talon class, the XO (me) did deep space scans search any nebulas near our course to Earth. It was discovered that a large fleet of 32 Romulan Vessels were waiting in the Alpha Centuri system. Starfleet was alerted to the situation and began to assemble a battle fleet to protect Earth. Meanwhile on the U.S.S. Yager the crew devised a plan to remove our pursuing enemy. We dropped from warp and quickly executed a perfect plan, we launched a few unarmed torpedoes with a remote triggers and exploded them as they dropped from warp, rendering them disabled. We then continued towards Earth. Once there we met up with 21 Federation starships and proceeded to Alpha Centuri. We received word that the U.S.S. Prometheus was on her way to Alpha Centuri and with her she had 12 other Federation vessels. We engaged the Romulan force as they left their hiding spot and headed for Earth. During the battle we discovered that they were testing the new Firebat class battleship, there were numerous casualties at this time during the battle. As we engaged the Firebat the Prometheus came into the system and joined the battle. It was the best battle i'd ever taken part of, beautifuly executed. In the end all of 12 Federation vessels remained in one piece, 4 disabled, 5 still functional, and 3 that were still salvageable but no survivors. The Firebat bugged out and slipped past our defences back into Romulan space. The rp ended with a great few quotes. "Starfleet responded, they say the Romulan High Senate denies any knowledge of this 'attack fleet'" and the captain said "The Romulan High Senate never knows what it's ass end is doing." (Some of these events may not be completely accurate, but it is close enough. This is an rp that took place with a mismatched rag-tag group from all different servers that took place on my favorite server, the Holo-Federation server. I'm sorry if I left anything out, or forgot something important, complain about it and i'll add or rephrase something, whatever, i'm gonna fix my computer and goto bed now.)
~Alexander Krieg Wendaltz II~

#2 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:00 PM

Interesting plot. I find it a little strange that you would set course for Earth when there are closer repair facilities?

#3 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:24 PM

True, I think it was because we were heading to personally investigate the source of the miscommunication....Or something, I forget there reason why, but that is where we headed. I know we had a good reason though. It was like a 4 to 8 hour rp, so none of us really cared.

#4 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

Sounds like an interesting, different and ... great rp

Posted Image

#5 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:58 PM

Sounds like an interesting, different and ... great rp

Yeah, it was pretty freakin awesome, I wish everyone of my friends could have been on, you included. Hell a few others I have never met on a server before would be awesome too. But maybe one day there will be a way to actually SET a day when a lot of us will hope on one specific server with two experienced admins, and have one hell of an rp.

#6 cag_starbuck

cag_starbuck

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

i saw this picture and thought of this rp....

Attached Thumbnails

• tearsofthephrophets_133.jpg

On Patrol for those sneaky Jem'Hadar

#7 Alexander Wendaltz

Alexander Wendaltz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:38 AM

Interesting plot. I find it a little strange that you would set course for Earth when there are closer repair facilities?

I know it's been years since this was posted on, but I was just reading over it again and I do feel like an eejit about that, but it was my first RP on the HF server, and it had been a while since I had really done anything ST related, even though I was only the XO, I wish i had known better. Oh well, still an awesome rp none the less.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users