RPG-X Final Beta: 3

44 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

Okay... I finally finished weeding out all the bugs I could find, so here we go. :eek:

http://www.ubergames...RPGX2_Beta3.zip

Umm... I hope everyone here has access to Windows, since this one is in an EXE installer file. If not, I'll build it together in a raw ZIP file too then...

I prefer the concept of an installer since it means being able to automate the location the mod will be installed to is much easier, and so hopefully we can make it more n00b-proof.

This installer:
1) Scans the user's registry and if it finds EF's install directory, it automatically sets RPG-X's install path to match.
2) Ensures the mod is installed to a directory named 'RPG-X2', so there's no confusion about putting it into BaseEF or the last 'RPG-X' directory.

Also, the installer contains 7zip compression, so it's smaller than zipping it too. :)

Altho, since it would require releasing 2 copies of the mod (an EXE and ZIP ), it could become a bit of a pain. But, many mods have done this before, so that's not too much of a concern with me.

Anyway, download it, give it a try. Tell me what you think of the installer idea. If you can, just run around the maps testing all the features you can think of.
As long as any persistent errors (like, it appears, then remains until u restart the map or something) don't arise (I saw a few, and managed to fix them) as well as any bugs that force the engine to quit, I think we're good to go for final release. :)

Also!!!! Maybe just to be on the safe side... delete your previous RPG-X2 directory in your EF directory, so as to ensure that no previous versions are conflicting.
Since I've merged most of those supplementary PK3s (Pak4 etc) into Pak0 now, that's a distinct possibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the password is 'aikotoba210807'. Japanese word for password with today's date.

Good luck!

-TiM

#2 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:54 AM

OMG! Thank you TiM. Sorry if we spamed up the forums. I'm getting on it right now.

EDIT: When attempting to host a closed lan game on my network (which did not have direct acess for someone to see the server) I was unable to launch any of the maps. The game could not find poseidon, runabout, or atlantis.
Im Klingon and a Hanyou Dog Demon...AT THE SAME TIME!
[SIGPIC]Posted Image[/SIGPIC]

#3 Marcin

Marcin

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:10 AM

Ok installed (in a really inefficient way :eek:(. Everyone get on the server NOW

#4 Marcin

Marcin

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

Oh, nvm, server isn't upgraded yet.

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

OMG! Thank you TiM. Sorry if we spamed up the forums. I'm getting on it right now.

EDIT: When attempting to host a closed lan game on my network (which did not have direct acess for someone to see the server) I was unable to launch any of the maps. The game could not find poseidon, runabout, or atlantis.

D'oh. That's because I renamed the maps using the 'rpg_*' prefix instead of 'rpgx_*' and then forgot to update the arena file.... >_<

Also, Atlantis isn't in there. Considering all the bug reports it still has on the bugs list, I'd say it isn't finished yet.

Well... there's one bug already lol. Well done.

Yeah, I don't have access to the server. Phenix or Red will have to do it.

-TiM

#6 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

Acccck.

Okay... that wasn't the half of it lol. The copy of Runabout was also one of the older ones I hadn't finished yet.

So I fixed it all up, quadruple checked, and re-uploaded the mod.

So... I'm sorry to have to say this, but anyone who downloaded it before I wrote this post, can you please re-download it?

Normally I wouldn't have cared, but that was a bit of a biggy.

Sorry guys. I'll try and get this version onto the server as soon as I can.

Thanks!

-TiM

#7 William

William

Lead Level Developer - RPG-X

• UberGames Developer
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

wait so the atlantis isn't included in this build? how do you plan we fix the errors in it when we can no longer test it?

#8 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

Is the torchwood server updated as well?

#9 Dom

Dom

I touch everything

• UberGames Admin
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

yes

#10 Gregory House

Gregory House

AKA: Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:30 PM

TiM, could you make a .zip one for me? :eek:...

In the mean time, I'll restart my macbook pro in Windows ... >_>.

#11 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

Oh... sorry. I'll have to make one tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to release a patch tomorrow night to fix up the glitches I found last night.

In the meantime, can everyone just double check the mod for more bugs?

The things that need checking the most are the emotes and player models.

-Some player models upon being loaded sometimes spit out an error saying a texture or skin couldn't be loaded. If you see this, please report it!
Also, use the third person view mode to look at your model, some models (particularly Hazard models with pips) have got NULL textures on them.

-Some emotes should loop, but they're not currently set to do so. If you see an animation that u think could easily loop, but it doesn't, please report it!

I'm hoping this'll be the last patch I ever have to make haha. Here's hoping.

-TiM

#12 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

Geeks bearing gifts!

Okay... so here we go.

For Windows-deprived people, here is a zipped version of beta 3. The password is the same as above.

http://www.ubergames...eta3_Zipped.zip

Also... this took quite a few hours to put together, but here's a patch for Beta 3.
It should fix all of the errors I've seen whilst beta testing it on the server, including faulty emotes, corrupted drop-down color menus, a server crash or two, a few skin and model glitches as well as general tightening of the presentation.

I also re-compiled the female bodies from scratch, so as to fix an error in one of the weapons animations as well as to revamp the quality of some of the animations (Since I'm no longer in Japan on a dinky laptop, more is available to me now, including better modeling tools hehe ^_^)

Now.... if this version passes the test, I really hope I could dump this baby up on EFFiles as early as tomorrow night (I doubt it though).

In any case, I want you ALL to test it as much as you can.
It seems that the bug tracker forum is consisting mainly of me and Scooter talking to ourselves right now. >_<

http://bugs.rpg-x.net/

Please use it. I'm not convinced all the errors are gone yet. :P

I hope to jump on and have a really good long play with it tomorrow night, about the same time as now. Maybe I'll see you in there. :P

http://www.ubergames..._Beta3_Pak5.zip

Again, same password as above.

-TiM

#13 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

Corrupted Pak 5 is.

#14 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:45 AM

Hrmm... my local copy works fine, and comparing the size of the one on the server... it doesn't appear corrupted. :P

I re-uploaded it. Try it again. :P

wait so the atlantis isn't included in this build? how do you plan we fix the errors in it when we can no longer test it?

Yeah, hrmm okay. Are there any new builds I should know about?

At the least, I'll see about adding those missing models/textures to my pak3 and uploading it.

-TiM

#15 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:33 AM

Posted Image
Here tis.

BTW Snipping tool on vista pwns!

#16 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

Third time's the charm.

Try it again. :P

-TiM

#17 Chase Benedict

Chase Benedict

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

Still shows unexpected end of archive for me, too.

#18 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:36 AM

So is it true? Are you releasing it tomorrow?

#19 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

Try again. 4th time's the charm.

I just found out the file name was corrupt haha... so it SHOULD work this time.

I also learnt how to update the server from Red, so I've tested and uploaded the file to the test server too.

Haha nope... probably not. It took this long just to get that dang file up there.

I now want you to all get it, test it out, ensure you can't find/see any glitches.

Then I'll consider releasing. :P

-TiM

#20 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

Bad link -_-

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users