17 replies to this topic

#1 Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:51 AM

Wow this is good and here it goes!

I (Aaron Denix) was Commanding Officer on the U.S.S. Maru (Map was Yager-E final) and Brad Farrel was CE and we had our CMO Antonio on. What it was is that those two tried to overthrow my ship :mad: But boy it was like a homealone movie on a starship :D. I ended up destroying the computer core but Brad still thought he won. He ended up "stunning" and swapping combadges. But little did he know I had an explosive device in it. (Part of the Mutany Code). I ended up pressing one of my pips and he got blow up. And I ended up winning. BUT in the end It was only a holodeck simulation on the USS.Posideon. so no one really died.. Antonio lagged out.
For a minute there I thought Brad had me :)

What is the Mutany code?

Well its a protocol that I ended up making, where the ship locks down, all command functions are locked out to everyone but the captian.
I ended up baracading myself in Engineering. Phase two was all the power couplings fuse and burn out. But that didnt stop brad. Phase three was an auto-destruct which brad just ejected the warp core. So I ended up disarming myself and the ship was screwed...I ended up firing on the computer core. And then I surrended..only to have Brad be blown up by me evil trickery buawha!. (brad if you want to fill in anything go ahead)

#2 Anthony

Anthony

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Ejecting the warp core wouldn't avert the self destruct, so technically you all died 20 minutes earlier.

Posted Image

#3 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

It's a good thing 24th century computers are voice activated.

C:\> mutanycode.exe

'mutanycode.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

C:\> dir *.exe

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 1701-ABCD

Directory of C:\

06/09/2383  08:51 PM 60,416 mutinycode.exe
1 File(s) 
60,416 bytes

#4 Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

Lol it was kind of a noob spree. And your right Anthony :D; we would be dead...but brad ubered :);

#5 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:06 AM

Well I read about it on Memory-Alpha and it states that in Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise the auto-destruct sequence causes an overload of the warpcore (an intentional warp core breach). So by ejecting the warp core the ship could be saved. But then again it hasn't been stated what really happens when they order self-destruct on Star Trek.

#6 Anthony

Anthony

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

On newer starships there are series of explosives (or something like that) located around key points of the ships. So you would all be dead :D

Posted Image

#7 Kori Barnes

Kori Barnes

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

On newer starships there are series of explosives (or something like that) located around key points of the ships. So you would all be dead :D

he speaks the Truth, Inform the men.
Lieutenant Kori Barnes
Chief of Security USS Poseidon NCC-70176-A

#8 sspelak

sspelak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:52 PM

Anthony's right. There are anti-matter packets located throughout the ship. And I didn't n00b... :D I was testing out some things for the new RP on the Yorky. (Being revealed today *HINT HINT*)

#9 Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

uhh uhuh XP any who it was fun :D

#10 Jake Conhale

Jake Conhale

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

yeah, the antimatter pods are located throughout, configuration easily viewable in the ST:TNG technical manual and the Ent-D blueprints.

Makes sense, after all, when the Yamato went up purely from a core breach, a significant portion of the saucer remained together, if not functional. As the self-destruct is no doubt a security measure against capture of starships, you'd want the ship as evenly annihilated as possible so as to deny enemy forces any possible intelligence.

If just the structural components remained, (the spaceframe and related components), then an enemy could use that to figure where to better target weapons to cause the intended amount of damage.
Check out Stargate Roleplay at http://s4.invisionfr...rgate_roleplay/

#11 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

Okay, I hadn't read the entire article. The Ent-D seems to have explosives located throughout the ship. So that's correct. Voyager seems to use an intentional warp core breach.

This is apparently the primary method used on Intrepid class vessels, as when it is activated the computer makes a point of announcing that a warp core overload is in progress

Maybe smaller ships use Voyager's method and the larger ships use explosives. What class is the Yager-E? If it's still a Sovereign I think it uses the D's technique.

Still it's kind of odd. Isn't matter and anti-matter extremely volatile. Those ships carry a lot of it so I'd imagine a warp core breach would cause a massive explosion at least a kilometer in diameter if not much more (allthough in space it still wouldn't be a very big explosion because it's so big). Since auto-destruct is controlable (how long it takes, etc.), I would imagine that it's possible to adjust the yield (only allowing a certain amount of matter and anti-matter react with eachother and venting the rest). If that's the case they can sort of control it's yield which makes it the most logical technique (what if they need to blow it up but are near something else which might be destroyed too if the yield's too big).

#12 Anthony

Anthony

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

If you eject the anti-matter wouldn't the debre from the explosion (being matter and all) set it off when it hit it?

All starships use the detpacks, I would assume though that if it has a warp core avalible it uses that first.

Posted Image

#13 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

M-A.org mentioned that they might have both (if one fails). I believe antimatter is stored in antimatter-pods. They could be ejected with such force that they're out of the blast area.

#14 Six of Twelve

Six of Twelve

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

From what I have read, (dont ask where I dont remeber) Anti-Matter is suspended in air in a Magnetic field and that way It doesnt touch the walls of the container. Also I would assume that the container is vaccum sealed because even air has particles of matter that would trigger a reaction. I dunno though... Hope atlantis has a self destruct ;)..or even X-2 thats activateable by admins only.

#15 Jeroen

Jeroen

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

Anti-matter is suspended in a vacuum with a I guess magnetic containment field.

Yep all matter, including the stuff that make's up air triggers an reaction.

Posted Image

#16 sspelak

sspelak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:11 AM

But you know, if everything is made up of matter, then anti-matter suspension wouldn't work.

Particles are matter after all, and I'm sure even Starfleet couldn't shield antimatter from all types of particles. I mean even the hypothetical graviton which holds the antimatter in suspension would trigger a reaction. And anti-gravitons wouldn't be useful since gravitons from the artificial gravity generator would negate them. But μ−'s and μ+ could work... If muons held any usable properties. Even ντ would cause problems since neutrino's don't have any effect on matter (which the container is made of) but can react with anti-matter. νμ are the same way.

So realistically, anti-matter couldn't be contained anyways.

#17 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:57 AM

It's contained with magnetic forces, not gravity itself.

#18 sspelak

sspelak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

May be true, but the other particles' status with antimatter still stands.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users