- - - - -

Simmer's Suggestions

3 replies to this topic

#1 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

While playing the beta and Atlantis I noticed several things that I think could be improved:

1. The bad model lighting of Atlantis. The overall lighting of the Atlantis is spot on but the playermodel is always underlighted. There are only a few areas where the player is lighted as it should be (so that you can see details such as the pips very clearly) but the rest is pretty dark. Not a fun place to work in.

2. The door in the cargobay is caulked on the outside. Normally you wouldn't see that but with 3rd person on (which I almost always have because it's great)
you can walk up to the forcefield and if you look towards the entrance the camera will turn and reveal the other side is see-through (because of the caulk). Placing textures on the outside of the door and adding some brushes which resemble the outerhull would make the player immersion just that tad better.

3. In the turbolift menu Deck 1 says:"..., Obs Lounge ,...". Because Obs is short for Observation it needs a dot. And it looks better: "Obs. Lounge".

If I come up with more things I'll mention it here.

#2 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

I noticed another thing while rummaging through the beta files. The textures in the map001 till map003 are still in the file. I thought those belonged to a map that didn't make RPG-X 1 because it was full of bug. It was by John something. Are these used by any of the maps in RPG-X2. Otherwise they're taking up space.

#3 Anthony

Anthony

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:22 PM

1. The bad model lighting of Atlantis. The overall lighting of the Atlantis is spot on but the playermodel is always underlighted. There are only a few areas where the player is lighted as it should be (so that you can see details such as the pips very clearly) but the rest is pretty dark. Not a fun place to work in.

We can't fix the lighting without screwing the map lighting up.

2. The door in the cargobay is caulked on the outside. Normally you wouldn't see that but with 3rd person on (which I almost always have because it's great)
you can walk up to the forcefield and if you look towards the entrance the camera will turn and reveal the other side is see-through (because of the caulk). Placing textures on the outside of the door and adding some brushes which resemble the outerhull would make the player immersion just that tad better.

Waste of resources, it wouldn't make it more immersive as in real life you can stick your head outside of a forcefield.

3. In the turbolift menu Deck 1 says:"..., Obs Lounge ,...". Because Obs is short for Observation it needs a dot. And it looks better: "Obs. Lounge".

That should have been done yes.

But please, post these on the bug reporter.

Posted Image

#4 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

Don't have acces yet.

1. Not even with LightJuniors, because they only affect models?
2. immersive was a bad choice of word, but I can live with it not being changed. I'll just not put my head out the window. :)

I don't have acces to the bugtracker yet otherwise I'd add them there plus other bugs I've confirmed, etc.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users