• You cannot reply to this topic

6 replies to this topic

#1 Abyss

Abyss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

Im not sure if this is a bug, but when i connect to a server that is running the "st-rp HQ V2.1" map a wierd message comes up reading "
CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message"... Any idea what it means? and how it can be fixed/resolved...and if its trying to say "update your router firmware...i cant...its the latest firmware already...

it happens when i connect to "SF RP RPG-X Server 1" as far as i can tell at the moment...

(least I know im gonna be doing a fair shair of testing...)

#2 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

Im not sure if this is a bug, but when i connect to a server that is running the "st-rp HQ V2.1" map a wierd message comes up reading "
CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message"... Any idea what it means? and how it can be fixed/resolved...and if its trying to say "update your router firmware...i cant...its the latest firmware already...

it happens when i connect to "SF RP RPG-X Server 1" as far as i can tell at the moment...

(least I know im gonna be doing a fair shair of testing...)

It's a known problem with that map. I think it has something to do with it autoconfiguring server settings after use. I'm not entirely sure.
Posted Image

#3 Abyss

Abyss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

meh...sounds like poor management to me...

#4 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:56 AM

Since this bug appears to related to the map and not the mod itself, I'm moving this out of the Bugs forum.

#5 William

William

Lead Level Developer - RPG-X

• UberGames Developer
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:44 AM

It is a known problem. It won't be fixed because that map worked fine before RPG-X.

In other words, there's nothing wrong with the map, moreso how the server handles the map.

Scooter, You can probably move this back. It is a bug in the mod really.

#6 Abyss

Abyss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:38 PM

as well lock it too...question answered

#7 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts