Star Trek: New Hope

• You cannot reply to this topic

252 replies to this topic

#1 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

Post removed, I'm no longer Administrator there. That's old hat!

#2 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

Post removed, I'm no longer Administrator there. That's old hat!

#3 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:41 AM

Ok.. I'll try to make joining our clan even more tasty :).

Here are some screenshots of the map I'm currently working on. It's called Starfighter Command and the basic idea behind this was to create a home for the former (clan-)released map USS Victory, a planetary interceptor which is intended to protect the colony.

It has 3 decks (2 decks are already mapped to nearly 80%.. there are some functions and details missing) and most of the new features of RPG-X2 are already integrated like the new forcefields and the turbolift-system (the target_location thingies were also ready but I accidently lost some data :().
Some of the textures are to be replaced by new ones which I'm going to create.

I hope you like my second map... please bear in mind that some of the screenshots are quite old and I've already changed some things ;) .
Perhaps I'm going to release it for the public later.

Thanks for your attention
-Seven
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#4 Jeroen

Jeroen

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

It looks really nice.. Would love to try it out

Posted Image

#5 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

I really like the look of this map, I love how it seems to blend the voyager era vessels with the poseidon-b style. It's what I would imagine maybe the USS rhode island to look like inside or maybe perhaps a new battleship type vessel.

great work :)

Posted Image
"There's Coffee in that Nebula!" Captain Kathryn Janeway
"Captain's Perogative is just a fancy term for excuses, Captain's aren't always right!" Callum

#6 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Wow, that was exactly my thought when I created this map. I love Voyager and I love the poseidon-b, so why not mix them together? :(

I would have uploaded newer screenshots but the map doesn't compile right now, but when that problem is solved I will upload them as soon as possible, I promise. ;)

Jeroen, I'm searching for some beta-testers.. if you'd like to test my map when it works again?

Thank you for your comments :).
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#7 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

What kind of error is it? I might be able to help since I seem to have encountered my fair share. They do say that great minds think alike lol.

We need more great maps to rp on and I'm sure this will be one of them!

Posted Image
"Captain's Perogative is just a fancy term for excuses, Captain's aren't always right!" Callum

#8 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

What kind of error is it? I might be able to help since I seem to have encountered my fair share. They do say that great minds think alike lol.

We need more great maps to rp on and I'm sure this will be one of them!

Thanks, that's very kind of you :).

Radiant shows this message: "max_brushmodel exceeded" (lol I think.. recompiling the map takes some time and I'm quite tired now :B )
I searched in the internet and found out that it's got something to do with solid/detail-brushs. As far as I know, there're too many solid-brushes in my map. So I tried to make just all of them detail and sourround simply the whole map with a caulk box, but it doesn't work.

Unfortunately I have to change every single brush which isn't needed to be solid, lots of work... but at the moment I have no other idea...;)

Perhaps you can help me and give me some tips?
Thank you again... and good night :(.
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#9 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

From what I gather you have hit the dreaded max limit on brushes, the only way round this would be to cut down on your map. How many brushes have you got altogether?

Its funny this is one error I haven't had :)

I will try and have a look for a solution, let me know what you find.

Posted Image

#10 Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

Those screens up there look excellent.
Posted Image

#11 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

I tried to recompile the map today... and it suceeded :o. The only bad thing is that some shaders don't function anymore like the light on the floor, I think I have to turn them into solid brushes again.

Thank you for your help Kathryn, I'll let you know if the shaders are repaired then.

Those screens up there look excellent.

Thank you Arron :P.

P.S.: With deck 1 and 2 together the map has 8544 Brushes and 172 Entities. :rolleyes:
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#12 TaregG

TaregG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

I cannot go to the "New Hope' home page because i get an error, when clicking the link.
The Error states this:
'Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '{' or '$' in /srv/www/vhosts/xerox-zone.de/subdomains/newhope/httpdocs/sources/ipsclass.php(1429) : eval()'d code on line 46 Fatal error: Class 'skin_global_4' not found in /srv/www/vhosts/xerox-zone.de/subdomains/newhope/httpdocs/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1431'

How can i prevent this error from occuring?

#13 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

I cannot go to the "New Hope' home page because i get an error, when clicking the link.
The Error states this:
'Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '{' or '$' in /srv/www/vhosts/xerox-zone.de/subdomains/newhope/httpdocs/sources/ipsclass.php(1429) : eval()'d code on line 46 Fatal error: Class 'skin_global_4' not found in /srv/www/vhosts/xerox-zone.de/subdomains/newhope/httpdocs/sources/ipsclass.php on line 1431'

How can i prevent this error from occuring?

I'm afraid but at this time Admiral Johnson is doing server maintenance and all the forums are offline. We all don't know when they will be online again, fortunately the new hope rp-server is already back online.. so the forums hopefully might be ready soon.

But thanks for trying :S...
-Seven
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#14 Dave

Dave

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Lookin' good!
The Captain's Rules
Rule #1: The Captain is always right.
Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, see rule number one.

#15 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:03 AM

Thank you :P

Edit: Here you can find a new pic of what I'm currently working on. I hope you like it.. because I do :)
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#16 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

Hehe.. I redesigned nearly the whole ops the last day and I finally ended up with this (screenshot). I think I'll be able to start a first real beta-test this weekend or the following weekend :).

Special thanks to all the beta-testers, your ideas are great :).
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#17 Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

looks good so far, only thing, based off of the screenshots, is that one console with the UFoP Symbol/Words, the symbol is partially cut off
Posted Image

#18 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:48 PM

Is it me or is there a random conference table in the middle of the bridge...ROFL

Posted Image

#19 Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:54 AM

Would make it very much like Deep Space Nine control center if that was the case
Posted Image

#20 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

Would make it very much like Deep Space Nine control center if that was the case

Hehe... you got it :P . It's like the federation-version of the Deep Space Nine control center. ^_^

Lol.. and it's not randomly put there :(
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users