New EliteForce release, ver. 1.37

51 replies to this topic

#21 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:55 PM

2. You can try systematically removing certain .pk3 files from the search path of ioEF. I am almost certain this bug is being caused by some buggy pk3 file.

Yes this was what I had done when I had this bug, but don't asked me which was the one causing it.

#22 Thilo

Thilo

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

yep, please someone try removing these pk3 files (back them up of course) and test which one is causing this menu bug. Then, send the file to me.

#23 Thomas45

Thomas45

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

I have a new Problem, i have had EF 1 for years since 2001 and well i tried to play this thing today and it says BAD CD-KEY while trying to connect to the EF server i wanted to join, i tried it again, then i tried normal EF and it worked fine.

#24 Anti/Max

Anti/Max

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

yep, please someone try removing these pk3 files (back them up of course) and test which one is causing this menu bug. Then, send the file to me.

well... there are a lot of files in my baseEF folder :eek:

#25 Thilo

Thilo

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Come on, use some common sense. You can move half of all .pk3 files to some temporary dir and see whether the bug still appears. If it does, move another half of the pk3 files to another dir.. and so on.
Once you've found the block of pk3s which is responsible, try to narrow the search down with these pk3s.
Always keep in mind that you can keep the original pak0.pk3 to pak3.pk3 in your baseEF dir and the RPG-X pak files in your RPG-X dir.

#26 Thilo

Thilo

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

I have a new Problem, i have had EF 1 for years since 2001 and well i tried to play this thing today and it says BAD CD-KEY while trying to connect to the EF server i wanted to join, i tried it again, then i tried normal EF and it worked fine.

The CD key is not enforced anymore anyways. Ignore the message.

#27 Thilo

Thilo

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:18 PM

If noone feels like testing which pk3 file causes the menu bugs, the bug - if it is one at all - will never be fixed. There are instructions how to do that two posts above. If you use some brains while testing it will only take 5 minutes.

#28 Marcin

Marcin

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:16 PM

Well it must be the rpgxpak0.pk3 because I have tried it with all other mods uninstalled. Normal EF worked perfectly but with rpg-x; massive texture errors.

#29 Nazar

Nazar

I break everything I touch

• UberGames Admin
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

^^ Hmm. I'll talk to Red tonight. I think he's having this bug, or had it at one point. I'll see if it's rpgxpak0.pk3. Thanks.
Ennoverse Web Hosting
http://www.ennoverse.com
http://www.ennoverse.co.uk

Affordable web hosting and domains.

A Division of UberNet Ltd.

#30 Thilo

Thilo

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

First of all, RPG-X must be all in its own mod directory, but I think that's the case at your PC anyways.
I actually meant any non-standard .pk3 files in the baseEF directory should be checked. Keep in mind that even when running a modification, all pk3 files from baseEF dir are checked.
It could be a simple map that triggers this error in RPG-X or it could be some other .pk3 file that is in baseEF.

On a sidenote for the other modders of the RPG-X mod:
I am happy to announce that the annoying bug where transparent surfaces are not rendered over skyboxes has been found and is fixed in ioquake3's most recent SVN. This means: it will work in the next release of my EliteForce engine!

#31 Abyss

Abyss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

im useing the RPGX 1.1 or what ever the more current one is and my menue is perfictly fine...may just be somthin with 1.0??

EDIT: Seemes when I load up a server to RP it wants to download the map that I already downloaded and gets caught in a "forced feed" loop meanning it keeps trying to download it but sees you have the map already and loads up, then repeats same prossess over and over again (easy way to stop it is wait for it to start trying to download the map and hit ESC to get back to your main menue)

EDIT #2: Seemes the issues still thier even after i uninstalled this little update...now to try and figure out why it still does what it does...

EDIT #3: (this is why i hate new patches like this): seemes it is ONLY effected when you try to play USS_serenity_b_v2 (not sure why its only bothered by that map but i think it might be somthin else now causeing the issue), however before i installed this little update the serenity worked perfictly...so somthin got messed up...anyone got other ideas? also can someone list ALL files in the main directory BEFORE this patch is applyed? i wanna test one last idea...

EDIT #4 (and the finial one I HOPE *crosses fingures*): The serenity_b_v2 works 100% when i do /map uss_serenity_b_v2 to get the map in sp mode...however when connecting to a server it doesnt work...any ideas as to the problem?

#32 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

I have seen people who've said they're using this in RPG-X.

I copied my RPG-X shortcut and edited it to use this launcher instead. I get as far as the server list, but when I join any server, I am kicked back to the main menu.

#33 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

Try open it through the mod menu in ioEF

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#34 Marcin

Marcin

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

I have seen people who've said they're using this in RPG-X.

I copied my RPG-X shortcut and edited it to use this launcher instead. I get as far as the server list, but when I join any server, I am kicked back to the main menu.

Open up the console and make a condump to tell us what the error is.

#35 Chris Wilkinson

Chris Wilkinson

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:23 PM

Isnt it the Cassinin Beta V2 map

I had that screen. Removed it and it was all fine
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

I actually get this problem almost all the time using vanilla and the only thing it says in console is "sever disconected for unkown reason"

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#37 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

Where do I dump the console to, lol?

#38 Marcin

Marcin

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

Where do I dump the console to, lol?

/condump filename.txt

#39 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

I did that, but I still can't find filename.txt

#40 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:51 AM

Marcin helped me figure it out, thanks Marcin.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users