Voyagerrpg

• You cannot reply to this topic

1666 replies to this topic

#41 SimmerALPHA

SimmerALPHA

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:10 AM

Well Scooter is making a Voyager map and he has some great new textures.

#42 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:42 PM

Oh well looks like my work is done! I have been waiting for a real good voyager map for years, hopefully it will fulfill that ^_^

Posted Image
"There's Coffee in that Nebula!" Captain Kathryn Janeway
"Captain's Perogative is just a fancy term for excuses, Captain's aren't always right!" Callum

#43 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:49 AM

If you wait for me to finish map, it's going to be many more years cause I'm the slowest mapper in the universe. My Voyager map has been in progress for more than three years now and shows no signs of getting any closer to completion due to my lack of self-esteem.

#44 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

Im sure you'll do fine scooter :P. i wuld gladly wait for you to finish your map because i know it would be of good quality! I felt the same about mapping and i still do! Im not the best mapper in the world but even after a few months i have noticed an improvement in my skills, you'll do the same :D just keep me in mind if you need a beta tester anytime ^_^ Did you redo the textures yourself?

I have managed to add most of the features on the bridge and have started redoing main engineering! I will prob wait til then and add the transporter room and perhaps release another version

:D

Posted Image
"Captain's Perogative is just a fancy term for excuses, Captain's aren't always right!" Callum

#45 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:59 AM

I redid some textures from all over the place; mostly easy stuff. All of them are included in my Canon Mod which can be downloaded from EFFiles if you want to see them.

I look forward to seeing your next version. I had some issues with your first version. Would you consider working together in some capacity?

#46 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

I downloaded your canon mod a few weeks ago and was impressed! I would be glad to work with you if you would like to add my Msn

AdmiralKathrynJaneway@hotmail.co.uk

I'm online alot of the time and I would be happy to recieve feedback about my map, though alot of the problems I know about are now gone ^_^

Posted Image

#47 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

A bit off topic but when will the next part of voyagerrpg come out?
Im Klingon and a Hanyou Dog Demon...AT THE SAME TIME!
[SIGPIC]Posted Image[/SIGPIC]

#48 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

hey slayer it isnt off topic lol ^_^ If Scooter decides to colaborate then it can only make the map better!! Why u not been on Msn? anyways I have already redone the corridors in main engineering! I have a couple of uni exams next week however so It might be until next week before I get it finished, Afterwords I have got about two weeks holiday so I will progress more in the map then, Thanks for the interest! :P

Posted Image

#49 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

You can blame the Catholic education system on that one! Anyway Im uber excited for the next release and cant wait to talk to you soon! Have a grand ol' time with that map. Best of Luck!

Slayer-Keepin' it real in the hood.

#50 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:45 PM

Why u not been on Msn?

I'm rarely on MSN, and even if I was, would you still be awake? I'm GMT-8 so by the time I get home and get online most people are sleeping. I can definitely be on-line Saturday though.

#51 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

I think she was talking to me...

#52 Maryse

Maryse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:43 AM

Yeah...

I'd have to agree with Slayer on that one ^_^
Posted Image

#53 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:55 PM

Hey Maryse not spoken in a while how are things?? Oh sorry for the confusion btw I did mean slayer hehehe! Scooter i will be on msn on sat too! I managed to do about two hours work on the engineering section and have gotten the full first half done including jeffries tubes and the floor up to the back wall!
If i can get enough time to do more this weekend it should make work alot faster, but i might need to wait until after my exams :mad:

Thank you so much everyone for the interest and any feedback is welcome

Incase GSIO01 is reading, you commented a while ago about putting up your entities example for ejectable warp core, any chance that can be done??

Thanks again ^_^

Posted Image

#54 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

Incase GSIO01 is reading, you commented a while ago about putting up your entities example for ejectable warp core, any chance that can be done??

I'm going to cut it out of the Yager E, with sorting and testing it will take 5-10 min:o, so there is quite a big chance that it can be done, hehe

Ok, there you go;). You maybe should invest some time in optimizing it, I just copied it out of the map.

It includes all functions of the core: eject, on/off and warp-engage/disengage

Attached Files

#55 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:51 PM

Thanks very much for your help, This is great! Cant wait to get my exams over and done with to really finish off engineering now!!! I've done about three quarters or more of the actual structure, once again im amazed at the amount of extra crap and overlapping brushes in this map!! Hopefully with all that fixed it will play much smoother! And I'm interested to know if people would mind rooms on different decks to accomodate the ef engine?? It will be practically impposible in my opinion to have all fifteen decks! I was thinking of trying to add cargo bay 2 into the engineering deck again, see if I can get it working this time, What do you people think??

Thanks again! ^_^

Posted Image

#56 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

Well, I was thinking...Cargo Bay 2 and Astrometrics are both on Deck Eight, so, wouldn't they belong there?

Sickbay is on Five, so you could put Cargo Bay 1 up there, I guess.

Mess Hall is Two, as are some quarters.

Crew quarters are scattered on Decks Two-Eight, so I suppose you could just merge those into a Deck Six?

Deck Fifteen with working landing gear and the plasma relay room would be nice. (A la, "Good Shepherd")

Bridge is fine as it is.

Deck Eleven needs Engineering, and I suppose you could scatter a few bonus things in there, too, like weapons lockers and the armory?

Also, could you correct the positioning of the mess hall? They make it seem as though it's in that area where the registry is printed, but it's actually in the three windows above it on the exterior model. (and on Voyager itself.)
Posted Image

#57 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

according to Memory Alpha there are no quarters on deck 2(http://memory-alpha....iki/USS_Voyager)

#58 Slayer

Slayer

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

*cough* Kathryn whip out the article and pwn 'em *cough*

#59 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

Im affraid I'll have to LMAO @slayer! I pwned him last nite because as far as im concerned any information given by the people who either designed or worked with the voyager structure wise is cannon so take a look at this lol

http://www.startrek....cript/1421.html

Me and slayer already revised a deck plan for each deck that we had a while ago and came up with the best solution!

I'm not going to say what it is yet lol until I have it working the way i want! But as far as cannoninity goes

Deck 2 Mess Hall
Deck 3 Janeways Quarters and Turbolift Maintenance
Deck 4 Cargo Bay 1, Transporter rooms 1 and 2, Crew Quarters
Deck 5 Sickbay and Science Lab and computer core Entrance, (studying the MSD and presuming that the room to the core is above the actual core you can see that the computer core stretches from Deck 6 to 7)

Deck 6 Holodeck 2, Tuvok and Kims Quarters
Deck 7 Brig
Deck 8 Astrometrics (directly below the Copmuter Core), Section 22 Science Lab, Section 29 Alpha Cargo Bay 2

Deck 9 B'Elanna Torres and Paris' Quarters, Shuttle Hangar
Deck 10 Shuttle Hanger
Deck 11 Main Engineering, Warp Plasma Manifold, Field Generator
Deck 12 Section A12- C18 Secondary Command Processors (starboard), Life Support Systems and a COmmand Console
Deck 13 ???
Deck 14 Holodeck 1
Deck 15 Plasma Relay Room

As for the landing strut on deck 15 that is soo Uncannon its unbelievable, in the game if the landing strut was there it would have to come out of thin air! The landing struts are on the bottom of the ship on the outer hull with the Warp Core eject hatch, Deck 15 windows are on the rounded hull before it gets to the bottom of the ship!! If you get my meaning, The landing struts are housed from decks 13-15 to the front and back of the secondary hull where there are no windows. Anyways lol...

I will do some more work on finishing off engineering tomoro, I managed to do a little bit but not much yesterday!

Thanks again for the suggestions ^_^

Have a look at this MSD http://techspecs.aca.../schematic1.jpg

Still Lmao at pwnin Slayer hehehehehe!!!

Posted Image

#60 Jake Conhale

Jake Conhale

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:08 PM

be careful throwing the C word around here, or you might find yourself on the wrong side of an argument with Scooter.
Check out Stargate Roleplay at http://s4.invisionfr...rgate_roleplay/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users